BG 230VAC Mains Powered Interconnected Optical Smoke Alarm | SDMOA
The BG mains powered optical smoke alarm is ideal for detecting smoke from smouldering fires whilst minimising false alarms. This alarm can be interconnected with the wider range of BG interconnected alarms for complete coverage.
From February 2022 every home in Scotland must have interconnected fire alarms, and there should be adequate carbon monoxide protection. Interconnected means if one goes off, they all go off, so you will always hear an alarm wherever you are in your home. Interconnected smoke alarms are safer than standalone smoke alarms, because they let you know about an emergency sooner. Even if you’re in the house, you may not be close to the area where the fire started.
What alarms do landlords need to install?
Every private rented property needs to be fitted with smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms (if applicable). On 1 October 2022, the regulations are being extended to cover social housing.
- Hard-wired optical smoke alarm wires directly into your home electric system
- Constant monitoring of the air for the presence of smoke
- Interconnecting: connect up to 24 heat and smoke alarms, or up to 12 alarms when including a CO alarm
- Dust cover (included) prevents contamination of the device during installation
- 9V battery backup (battery included) ensures the alarm will operate if mains power is lost
- Hush function allows the alarm to be temporarily silenced
- Test function, fault, and low battery warnings to assist with alarm maintenance
- Alarm volume 85dB(A) at 3m
- Class 2 alarm
- Certified to BS EN 14604:2005/AC:2001, BSI Kitemark number KM 762034
- UKCA and CE certified
- 10-year product lifetime