Buyers guide to Westinghouse ceiling fans
In outdoor areas, install ceiling fans that are approved for use in damp or wet locations.
Westinghouse industrial ceiling fans for the office or contemporary warehouse look.
For cottages, conservatories and classic-look rooms throughout the home.
Suited to new and modern homes - Westinghouse contemporary fans.
Installing the ceiling fan most appropriate for your room size will help ensure that you maximize your airflow.
See the diagram/room sizes below before you select your ceiling fan size and style.
For rooms up to 8’ x 10’ - Use 24” – 42” ceiling fans
For rooms up to 12’ x 12’ - Use 42” – 48” ceiling fans
For rooms up to 18’ x 20’ - Use 50” and larger.
Get substantial energy-saving benefits—and a cooler home—with efficient, stylish Westinghouse ceiling fans. You can add comfort and lighting to any space, indoor or outdoor, keeping things cool for summer entertaining while saving both floor space and energy costs.
Ceiling fans can be an energy-saving, "green" addition to any home, adding more value than many homeowners realize.
Did You Know?
- Most ceiling fans use only about as much power as a 100-watt light bulb.
- Used properly, ceiling fans can save you money in winter as well as summer: up to 10% in heating costs and up to 40% in air conditioning costs.
- Turning off the air conditioning, opening a few windows and turning on an efficient ceiling fan can make you feel up to 8 degrees cooler (and save up to 40% in air conditioning costs).
- Peak energy savings are realized by placing ceiling fan blades 10-12 inches below the ceiling and 7 to 9 feet above the floor.
- Ceiling fan airflow can be an effective deterrent to flying insects.
Year-round comfort & efficiency
For year-round comfort and maximum energy savings, Westinghouse ceiling fans include a reversible switch that allows the ceiling fans to be used during cool or warm weather. In the summer, keep your home cool by running your ceiling fan counterclockwise. In the winter, run your ceiling fan clockwise to re-circulate warm air from the ceiling, eliminating cold spots and draft