Desk & Pedestal Fans
Keep yourself cool with this great selection of desk fans, pedestal fans and tower fans. As they are all electric, you just plug them in and they are ready to go. Looking to cool down your entire home or business property? Why not check out our fantastic range of air conditioning units.
For those summer days when the heat gets too much Alert Electrical supply a superb range of quality electrical fans, from pedestal and free standing fans to desk fans and recessed ceiling fans. With a select range of models from leading suppliers AirMaster and Westinghouse, Alert Electrical fans offer a fast, economical and safe solution for offices or homes without air conditioning.
Electrical fans explained
There are a number of different types of electrical fan available from Alert Electrical. Here’s a guide to each type of fan you can buy, along with their recommended uses:
- Desk fan – As the name suggest this fan is perfect for placing on top of an office desk, table, counter or kitchen worktop, providing a cool flow of air in close proximity.
- Free standing fans – this type of fan can be placed on the floor where it will stand without being supported. There are two types of free standing fans:
- Tower fans – These are fans with a high, slimline profile that can supply a broad stream of air from the top of the fan to the bottom, and can rotate or oscillate about their base to distribute cool air over a wider area.
- Pedestal fans – An electric pedestal fan has a wide base so it can stand unsupported, with a long shaft to hold a circular fan (familiar from desk fans) in a higher position. They can also oscillate side to side to cool a wider area.
- Floor fans – The low profile of floor fans allow for more heavy duty fans, providing high velocity air flow for a faster rate of cooling.
- Ceiling fans – These are electrical fans designed with a flat, level profile for installation in ceilings, providing a cooling downward circulation of air.
- Portable fan – Simply an electric fan which can be easily moved by hand and plugged in to a standard electrical outlet. Most of the models of electric fan on offer here fit this description.
- Combination fans – these are electric fans that can be easily adjusted with design features such as interchangeable or telescopically adjustable mounts to make them suitable for desk, floor or wall mounted installation.